The advice below is for travel to the European Union and Northern Ireland. It only applies to non-commercial transport of less than 5 dogs, cats or ferrets. There are also different rules in place for assistance dogs. If this advice is not applicable to your situation, please get in touch via email@example.com.
Below is a document with travel advice, please note travel documents are now required for Northern Ireland. The blue Pet Passport is no longer valid and an Animal Health Certificate (AHC) is required every time your pet travels.
The document below is our Travel Document Request Form. This needs to be completed in full.
Please e-mail the completed form back to firstname.lastname@example.org, we will then contact you by phone to arrange an appointment with one of our Official Veterinarians (OVs). We will be requesting at least 2 working days from receipt of the form to appointment date to ensure we have time to prepare the Animal Health Certificate Documentation in advance.
At the OV consultation the OV will health check your pet to ensure they are fit to travel and ask you to sign the owner/named person declaration on the certificate. Please ensure the person travelling with the pet attends the OV consultation.
We will then need to copy and prepare the paperwork but you should be able to take the Animal Health Certificate with you at the end of the OV Consultation.
Due to the costs of document preparation once you have placed the request for an AHC the order is non-cancellable and non-refundable.
Related Costs (correct as of April 2022)
|OV Animal Health Certificate
(inc. OV consultation)
(depends on weight of dog and if a second consultation is required)
|£5.00 to £44.00
|Urgent Processing Fee
(OV consultation required with less than 2 working days’ notice)
Request For Eu Travel Documents /AHC (Dog, Cat, Ferret)
- Your pet must have a valid rabies vaccination to travel. If your pet was not vaccinated for rabies by us, you will need provide documentation to prove Date of Rabies Vaccination and Date of Microchip placement.
- The person travelling with the pet will be required to sign the following declaration on the Animal Health Certificate at the appointment. Please ensure this will be accurate or contact us.
- “I declare that the following pet animals are not subject to a movement that aims at their sale or a transfer of ownership and will accompany the owner to carry out the non-commercial movement within not more than 5 days of his movement. During the non-commercial movement, the animals will remain under the responsibility of the owner”
- Due to the costs of document preparation, once the order has been placed payment becomes due and this order is non-cancellable or refundable.
- Further details on travel to EU and Shepherds the Vets travel document procedures are available at www.gov.uk/guidance/pet-travel-to-and-from-great-britain and on our Pet Travel Information Document.
- Please ensure you check your documents for accuracy before you travel. Any issues please contact us immediately.